Nursing Practice Award
This award recognizes a nurse who exemplifies outstanding nursing practice as demonstrated through clinical skills, care and compassion. This nurse is recognized by peers as an expert in emergency nursing and consistently exhibits traits associated with professional behavior and commitment to professional values. This individual may demonstrate outstanding commitment to a specialty population, such as pediatrics or older adults, within the specialty of emergency nursing. This award was established in 2016.
- The nominee must be a current member of Illinois State Council ENA.
- At least one nominator must be a current member of Illinois State Council ENA. Additional nominators are allowed, but not required, and are not required to be ENA members.
- One narrative statement describing the nominee’s contribution to the profession of nursing and the practice of emergency nursing. Additional narrative statements are allowed, but are not required. At least one narrative must be written by an Illinois State Council ENA member.
- Nominee’s curriculum vitae/resume. (This is highly recommended; however, if you are unable to obtain, please submit as much information about the nominee as possible.)
Narrative statement(s) should not include the name of the nominee, place of employment, or city/state. Narrative statement(s) should address each criterion listed below:
- A description of how the nominee:
- demonstrates exemplary collaborative relationships in the work setting
- demonstrates a high level of nursing skill or the application of evidence based practice
- A description of the nominee’s participation in activities, programs or projects that demonstrate the application of the Emergency Nursing Scope and Standards Practice in the clinical setting.
- A summary of the nominee’s participation in professional development activities or programs during the last two years.
- A description how the nominee has been recognized as an expert in care by a hospital, emergency care setting (e.g., ED, EMS, etc.) or other members of the healthcare team.
Nursing Practice Award Recipients
2020 – Helen Ting, MS, BSN, RN, SANE-P
2019 – Maria Rusnaczyk, BSN, RN, CEN
2018 – Ann Marie Loiacono, MSN, RN
2017 – Cynthia Conte, RN, CEN
2016 – Mindi Robles, BSN, RN, CEN, TNS, SANE-A (Inaugural Recipient)
Award Nomination and Application
Nursing Practice Award
Award Nomination Form