EMS Nursing Award
This award recognizes a nurse who has made significant contributions to the education of EMS providers, emergency nurses or other healthcare professionals in regards to EMS, patients, families, and/or the community through continued support and education, formal and informal courses, or the development of EMS programs. This award was established in 2016.
- The nominee must be a current member of Illinois State Council ENA.
- At least one nominator must be a current member of Illinois State Council ENA. Additional nominators are allowed, but not required, and are not required to be ENA members.
- One narrative statement describing the nominee’s contributions to the knowledge base of colleagues, EMS providers, patients, families and/or the community. Additional narrative statements are allowed, but not required. At least one narrative must be written by an Illinois State Council ENA member.
- Nominee’s curriculum vitae/resume. (This is highly recommended; however, if you are unable to obtain, please submit as much information about the nominee as possible.)
Narrative statement(s) should not include the name of the nominee, place of employment, or city/state. Narrative statement(s) should address each criterion listed below:
- A description of how the nominee:
- demonstrates education competence as a mentor, preceptor, resource or instructor in programs for EMS providers and/or emergency nurses or other healthcare professionals in regards to EMS OR
- developed educational programs, especially those that are innovative in nature for EMS providers, patients and their families.
- A summary of the specific situations where the nominee has demonstrated EMS nursing expertise through publications or significant educational projects.
- A description of how the nominee has contributed to the development of EMS education, policy and professional development.
EMS Nursing Award Recipients
2018 – Leslee Stein-Spencer, MS, RN
2017 – Cassandra “Cassy” O’Brien, MSN, RN, CEN, CPEN, TCRN, TNS
2016 – Mary “MO” Otting, BSN, RN, CEN (Inaugural Recipient)
Award Nomination and Application
EMS Nursing Award
Award Nomination Form