Clinical Leadership Award
This award recognizes a nurse who has consistently made significant contributions to their colleagues, nursing students, patients, families, emergency nursing profession, and/or the community, through their leadership and mentoring activities.
- The nominee must be a member of Illinois State Council ENA.
- At least one nominator must be a member of Illinois State Council ENA. Additional nominators are allowed, but not required, and are not required to be ENA members.
- Two narrative statements from two different individuals utilizing the five separate criteria below. At least one narrative must be written by an Illinois State Council ENA member.
- Nominee’s curriculum vitae/resume. (This is highly recommended; however, if you are unable to obtain, please submit as much information about the nominee as possible.)
Narrative statement(s) should not include the name of the nominee, place of employment, or city/state. Narrative statement(s) should address each criterion listed below:
- A description of how the nominee demonstrates professional characteristics of an emergency nurse while collaborating with colleagues in the work setting
- A description of how the nominee encourages professional development through role modeling, mentoring and leadership skills.
- A description of the creative solutions to tough management decisions or program development that have benefitted the staff.
- A summary of the specific situations where the nominee has served as a consultant or resource on emergency nursing issues.
- A description of how the staff and colleagues regard and respect the nominee as an effective clinical leader.
Clinical Leadership Award Recipients
2019 – Lauren Sterling, RN
2018 – Patricia Altman, MSN, RN, CEN
2017 – Jeff Murphy, MSN, MHA, RN, CEN, NE-BC (Inaugural Recipient)
Award Nomination and Application
Clinical Leadership Award . Award Nomination Form